AMPM Wins Merchandise Programs & Event Merchandise Award!
AMPM MARKETING LTD
This category is about the most effective merchandise programs based on take up rates. Merchandise Programs – includes programs where a range of merchandise is created for a client and stock is held and distributed. Event Merchandise – includes give away brand reminders, branded merchandise and onsite event marketing. Programs of high quality and unique merchandise which are consistent in brand message.
Company: AMPM Marketing Ltd
Client: Barfoot & Thompson
Product: Barfoot & Thompson World Masters Games Collateral
Barfoot & Thompson were the principle and naming rights sponsor for the 2017 World Masters Games, held in Auckland in April 2017. Their brief was to come up with a range of Barfoot & Thompson branded merchandise, that could be easily distributed to each of the expected 26,000 competitors. They had specific price points and targets for distribution. The brief was for promotional merchandise that:
- Will provide brand awareness of Barfoot’s involvement to the public, media, games competitors and spectators. Another key element was for the merchandise to be used by the various Barfoot branches, to ensure their staff had “ownership” of their involvement.
- Could be used by the competitors during their respective events
- Would be able to be used subsequent to the event
AMPM Marketing produced a diverse range of merchandise and marketing collateral, to help ensure success for Barfoots which included wing flags, kilometres of mesh banners for lining the start/finish area, Electron pens, hand held flags, coloured pencil packs, caps, sports towels, drink bottles and assorted apparel for approximately 550 Barfoot event volunteers and competitors.
APPA AWARDS 2017
The event was an outstanding success and received great reviews in the media. It showcased Auckland admirably and importantly, there was huge brand awareness of Barfoot & Thompson’s sponsorship.
As a result of this campaign, AMPM Marketing have been asked to help Barfoots with their next project.
What the Judges Said:
- From the client’s brief, the branding and recognition of this event was very well executed across a range of product.
- An effective array of products promoting the client’s involvement in this event which is very well targeted
- This was a massive undertaking, so well done on pulling it off. Most of the merchandise fits the brand. But due to the excessive amounts of short lived disposable items the campaign would have also added to the landfill.
- Shows that the supplier went above and beyond to produce the required items at the price quoted and quality required.